Welcome To Strawberry Lane
The Rutles - Archaeology 1john The Rutles - Archaeology 2paul The Rutles - Archaeology 3george The Rutles - Archaeology 4ringo

Topics: 265
Newest Member: ElHefe

=> Click to "Login": To Sign In
=> Click to "Register": To Sign Up
=> Click to "Do Not Display Again": To Shut This Popup Up

"We Hope You Will Enjoy The Show!!!!"

Download: FF3 & WMP 11

The Rutles - Archaeology Firefox The Rutles - Archaeology Wmpikon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome To Strawberry Lane
The Rutles - Archaeology 1john The Rutles - Archaeology 2paul The Rutles - Archaeology 3george The Rutles - Archaeology 4ringo

Topics: 265
Newest Member: ElHefe

=> Click to "Login": To Sign In
=> Click to "Register": To Sign Up
=> Click to "Do Not Display Again": To Shut This Popup Up

"We Hope You Will Enjoy The Show!!!!"

Download: FF3 & WMP 11

The Rutles - Archaeology Firefox The Rutles - Archaeology Wmpikon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Click Here if you're A New Member: Strawberry Lane Rules
How to give: "Vote" and "Thanks"

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Rutles - Archaeology Empty The Rutles - Archaeology 30/8/2009, 12:07

Wolfking

Wolfking
Little Beetle
Little Beetle
The Rutles - Archaeology Archaeology

Link Download: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
List:
1. "Major Happy's Up-And-Coming Once Upon A Good Time Band" - 2:19 ("Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band")
2. "Rendezvous" - 2:06 ("With a Little Help from My Friends")
3. "Questionnaire" - 2:41 ("The Fool on the Hill")
4. "We've Arrived! (And To Prove It We're Here)" - 2:09 ("Back in the U.S.S.R.") (recorded in 1978 with Halsall)
5. "Lonely-Phobia" - 2:35 ("Things We Said Today")
6. "Unfinished Words" - 2:08 (backing track was recorded in 1978 with Halsall; new vocals)
7. "Hey Mister!" - 3:18 ("I Me Mine")
8. "Easy Listening" - 2:09 ("What Goes On")
9. "Now She's Left You" - 2:03 (recorded in 1978 with Halsall)
10. "The Knicker Elastic King" - 2:39 ("Getting Better")
11. "I Love You" - 2:18 ("And I Love Her")
12. "Eine Kleine Middle Klasse Musik" - 4:24 ("Come Together")
13. "Joe Public" - 4:03 ("Tomorrow Never Knows")
14. "Shangri-La" - 7:43 ("A Day in the Life", "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", "Hey Jude"; additional mini-pastiches of "For No One", "I Am the Walrus", "Magical Mystery Tour", "Yellow Submarine", "All You Need is Love")
15. "Don't Know Why" - 3:44 ("Free As A Bird")
16. "Back In '64" - 3:14 ("When I'm Sixty-Four")
17->20. Bonus ->**

The Rutles Archaeology is an album by the comedy band The Rutles. Like their previous release, the album contains pastiches of Beatles' songs.

Three of the four musicians who had created the soundtrack for the 1978 film — Innes, Halsey and Fataar — reunited in 1996 and recorded a second album, Archaeology, an affectionate send-up of The Beatles Anthology albums. The fourth 'real' Rutle, Ollie Halsall, died in Spain in 1992. Eric Idle was invited to participate, but declined.

Like the Anthology project that it lampooned, it featured tracks ostensibly from all periods of the Rutles career, sequenced to reflect the fictional band's chronology. (Several of the songs were actually old Innes standards that were dusted off and masterfully given the 'Rutle' treatment.) The reunion was blessed by George Harrison who encouraged The Pre-Fab Four to proceed. (When approached, he told Innes, 'Sure. It's all part of the "soup"...', an encounter that Innes related in interviews in 1996.)

The reunion was triggered by Innes' appearance at the Los Angeles festival "Monty Python: Lust For Glory!", celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Monty Python troupe produced by Martin Lewis for the American Cinematheque. Innes performed two sold-out gigs at LA's Troubadour Club under the name "Ron Nasty & The New Rutles", using a local tribute Beatles band.

Following the success of the shows, Lewis and Innes collaborated on the project that became Archaeology.

** The Japanese release of Archaeology includes 4 bonus tracks: "Lullaby", "Baby S'il Vous Plait", "It's Looking Good" (rehearsal), and "My Little Ukulele". "Baby S'il Vous Plait" and "It's Looking Good" were also issued (along with the LP version of "Joe Public") on a UK CD single and 10" of "Shangri-La."

http://strawberrylane.us.to

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com